How to use the Kiosk Mode with Look & Play
In this article we’ll cover how to install and use the Kiosk Mode for use with Look & Play.
The Kiosk Mode for Look & Play will start the application when the headset boots and prevents users from going outside the application. Note that the Kiosk Mode is a separate software, you still need to have Look & Play installed as well.
For installation you need: your headset of choice, a Windows computer and the proper cable to connect the device to the computer.
- Download the Kiosk Mode for Look & Play on the downloads page
- Extract the zip-archive on your computer
- Enable developer mode on your headset
Oculus Go: Follow the steps for Joining or Creating an Organization and Enable Developer Mode: click here.
Pico: click here.
Android Smartphones: it’s best to search for your device name followed by “how to enable developer mode” on a search engine.
- Connect the headset to the computer
- Inside the headset, accept the new connection to the computer
- On the computer, double click the installation file found in the zip-archive downloaded earlier. The installation will be finished when the window shows success and the Kiosk Mode will automatically start on the headset
Using the Kiosk Mode
With the Kiosk Mode installed the Look & Play application will now start when the headset boots after a delay of a couple of seconds (to give space to the headset’s software to start too).
To pause and unpause the Kiosk Mode, hold the volume down button for 5 seconds. Alternatively, you can pause and unpause the Kiosk Mode from within Look & Play in the settings menu. Find out more about this here: How to use Look & Play. You can find the Kiosk Mode in the apps library as well (under Unknown Sources on Oculus Go) to open an interface with a pause/start button and additional information.